College Unranked: Ending the College Admissions Frenzy
Primary: College Unranked: Ending the College Admissions Frenzy.pdf - 42,837 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: College Unranked: Ending the College Admissions Frenzy.pdf - 28,870 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: College Unranked: Ending the College Admissions Frenzy.pdf - 48,367 KB/Sec
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges
- The Gatekeepers: Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College
- Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018
- College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step
- Mission and Money: Understanding the University
- Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting into College
- Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life
- College Match: A Blueprint for Choosing the Best School for You, 12th Edition
- The Hidden Ivies, 3rd Edition: 63 of America's Top Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities (Greene's Guides)
Stressed and sleepless, today's high school students race from school to activities in their most competitive game of all: admission to a top-ranked, prestigious university. But is relying on magazine rankings and a vague sense of "prestige" really the best way to choose a college? Is hiring test prep teachers and consultants really the best way to shape your own education?
In this book, edited by a veteran admissions counselor, a passionate advocate for students, the presidents and admission deans of leading colleges and universities--like Dartmouth, Vanderbilt, Harvard--remind readers that college choice and admission are a matter of fit, not of winning a prize, and that many colleges are "good" in different ways. They call for bold changes in admissions policies and application strategies, to help both colleges and applicants to rediscover what college is really for. It's not just a ticket to financial success, but a once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore new worlds of knowledge.